Please note that you must complete the application online. Please click the button to the left to apply.
We accept submissions by both established and emerging journalists covering international conflict. PItching For Peace is open to journalists, writers, photographers, filmmakers, and radio and podcast producers; staff journalists as well as freelancers.
To complete the application, you will need to answer the following questions.
If applying as a team, please enter the main contact here and include a list of team members by name with email addresses and phone numbers in the last field.
- Give a 2-3 sentence summary of your pitch.
- Include a 250-word description of your project proposal. Tell us, for example, about your approach, story structure, main argument or point of view, the voices that will carry the story, the conversations, you want to spark, etc.
- Describe your plan for developing and completing this story. (<100 words)
- Include a budget for your proposal with a basic breakdown of costs (travel, accommodations, living expenses, translators, fixers). Most budgets fall in the range of $5,000 to $15,000.
- What is your plan for placing the story? How will you insure maximum reach and impact? (<100 words)
- Include your bio or cv, links to your work, and contact info for three references. Letters of recommendation are welcomed but not required.
- Please note if you have ever received a journalism grant.
- If you are selected as a finalist, can you commit to attend the April 11 WSPS Symposium in New York City?
- Please include any additional information or material here that you think is relevant.